Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Sunday, October 23, 2011

South Park Naked Women Figures for Artists and Animators








Hi.  I haven't blogged for a while, because basically, I haven't had much of a reason to.  Anyway, I watched some clips from the new South Park documentary, and it showed a brief scene with the artist working on these female figures.  It's great, because you can see into the process of how they make South Park.
     Artists have a long tradition of working from the nude figure, and even South Park does it.  What is cool is it looks like to me that they use pictures of real naked women, which are then kind of used as paper dolls that they can dress up and animate however they want.  It's great to see that even South Park has a basis for traditional art.  They just don't make the stuff up out of thin air.  They have source material.
     I took these pictures using my camera off of the flat computer screen.  It works great.
     I love these pictures because it shows how they proportion the head on top of real bodies.  It's basically in the tradition of caricatures like from 'Alice in Wonderland'.  The head is much bigger than it should be, for comedic effect, but also so the figures can be seen clearly in a two-dimensional format.
     The opposite of this proportion is with Marvel Comics, where the head is drawn smaller, to make the figures seem more heroic.  However, this pretty much makes everything unfunny.
    
     I hope you enjoyed seeing the pictures.  I don't think I can really put these on youtube, because they seem to be pretty much against nudity of all kinds.  Sure, it isn't difficult to find nudity on youtube, but they really try to limit it, because, you know, there are kids watching.

     I set this blog to adult, and now it is taken off of my adsense account.  In a way, I'm glad, because when I find things like this, I can post it, and it won't be anything of a big deal.

     People get paranoid about naked stuff, but as humans, that's what we are.  Just naked people with clothes on walking around.

     Anyway, I'm an artist, and that's how I think.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 17 hits on this blog entry, I am amazed. That is good for me.

    ReplyDelete