Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Leave It To Humans

     Well, the only way to be a writer is to write.  That is for sure.  You have to read, too.  You have to read a lot.  That is about all there is to it.  You have to read a lot, and write a lot.
     You can make a case for experience, that you have to go live life, and find out things.  All that is fine, but it eventually comes back to the fact that you have to read and write a lot.  There are no short cuts to this.  Sorry, folks.
     I guess most people want the fame and fortune without doing the ugly, real work.  They want lots of book sales because their work is so incredible and awesome that people will just buy it.
     Well, that is a fantasy.

     Anyway, I'm sitting here in my studio listening to this drummer and guitarist go at it.  That is all the world needs is another couple of dudes making a lot of noise that sounds the same as everybody else.  They sure are going through a lot of trouble just to get laid. 
     Anyhow, I wish they would just go away.
     They are ruining my peace.

     It is hard to write when there is a bunch of racket going on.
     At least they keep me awake.
     No chance of a nice nap happening with this infernal noise.

     Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about pop culture, fictional characters, copyrights, cartoons, comic books, and all kinds of non-art things.  It is what most people know.  Also in there are thoughts of Stephen King, movies, films, and horror.

     Then there is rock and roll.

     The current music scene seems to be filled with rehashings of the same old thing, with the same old lyrics because that is what makes the money with each new generation.  Young people always want what is new, but they don't know that it is recycled crap over and over again.  I guess I'll let them find out for themselves.  I can't be bothered with what they listen to.

     I had a nice day at two cafes.  I rode to Maxfields, and then to Muddy Waters.  I didn't sell anything, but I did some comic book work, and drew up a picture of Lego Jesus.
     I came back home and looked up Lego Jesus.  Yup, people have made videos of it, but the one I saw was way too serious, as if that shit mattered.  It wasn't funny at all, so what was the point?  I don't know.  I guess they wanted to regurgitate what they heard in church.  That is what kids do.

     They stopped the music for a while, thank god.  Every day I have to deal with this garbage.

     I have been listening to a lot of audiobooks on youtube.  Try it, you might like it.  Currently, I am listening to some Conan The Barbarian stuff that I really like.  Who knew that Robert E. Howard's work was so enjoyable to listen to when read aloud?  English departments ought to consider him, instead of foo-fooing him off as a pulp writer.  I think it is a mistake.  More people today care about Conan The Barbarian than anything Ernest Hemingway ever wrote.  A lot of people today would say, "Who?"

     Anyway, it is a different world now than the one I grew up in.  A lot has changed in unexpected ways.  No one saw the computer age coming like it did.  No one could tell that it was going to be about phones and texting people stupid messages on facebook. 
     Leave it to humans to use advanced technology to make smiley faces and to post pictures of cute dogs and puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment