Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Thursday, October 17, 2013

     Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Whatever.

     I just wrote a piece for my other blog, "The Drunken News".  I've gotten into trouble with some other patrons over that, so I am not so interested in writing for it much anymore.  It was fun while it lasted, though.

     I am just sitting here in my studio with a hand-rolled cigarette in my mouth, and a home-brewed cup of coffee, just how I like it.

     I had a good session at the cafe.  I did a lot of writing on big sheets of paper.  I get looks from people as if they had never seen anybody write before.  A couple of people sitting down even asked me about it.
     "Are you a writer?"
     There's not much I can do with that question, so I try to placate them.

     Anyhow, let's see....well, I can post a couple of pictures of my naked lady newspaper art.  That might be fun...
      This piece sold for $25 and a pint of Sierra Nevada.
     Then this piece was sold to the same girl for $15 and another Sierra Nevada.

     She was a friend of a friend, so I gave her a deal.  To me, they are worth twice as much.

     People at the bar usually can afford these paintings in the $20-$40 range.  Even then, they try to whittle down my price at times, which I'm not too happy about.  Sometimes I have to sell because I need the money, and it is true...I can always paint more.  But, they will never come out the same.  At this point, each one is a unique one of a kind thing, with a life of its' own.
     On the other hand, I am glad my paintings are finding homes.  They don't do me any good just sitting here in my studio for years.

     My art is in better homes than I am.

     Actually, I am not supposed to live in my art studio, but I do.  I have nowhere else to go, and I can't afford a real apartment.

     What I need is a real big live/work situation.  A huge warehouse room with a bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom.  That would be awesome.  I'll have to become pretty rich in order to get that.  I can dream, can't I?

     Anyways, I don't know what I am doing right now.  Maybe it is time to pull my head out of my ass, I don't know.

     I just can't do the standard 9-5 thing.  It doesn't work for me.  It upsets me.  I don't want to devote my whole life to a job.

     Actually, my whole life is currently devoted to a job...me being an artist, and it is full-time and then some.

     It is what I love to do, and some people think I do it well.  Others say I suck.  In any case, I'm selling my art every night, which is more than a lot of people can say, so fuck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment