Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Friday, January 6, 2012

Death is a good career move

     Fuck.  I didn't bring my laptop to the cafe today.  I was out of it today, and I was happy just to sit there and write with a pen and draw women.
     It was a quiet day at the cafe.  I didn't feel much energy there today, but I was happy just to sit there for an hour.
     It was a good time.
     I forgot the name of the girl working there today.  She told me before, but I just can't remember.  She is nice enough, and lets me sit in there, so no problem.  She is a little slow in taking orders, in high contrast to Nadjat who works there.  It's her day off.  Fridays aren't too busy at the coffee shop.

     It is hard to write on my blogs in the studio.  I don't feel the same as I do in the cafe when there are other people around.  I'm just writing in a void here.
 
     My set-up at home is more for video games than writing.

     Anyway, I got pretty hammered last night.  It was fun, though.
     I sold a napkin drawing for $10.  That was cool.

     It would be hard to recap all the events of last night.  Maybe I will when I sort it out in my head.

     All I know is it is Friday night, and it is going to be another adventure tonight, I promise you that.

* * *

     Well, it started at Cafe Prague with a turkey sandwich and two Staropramen beers.  Then, it was over to Specs.  Then, it was Raineer.  Then, it was another Raineer, and another.  Then near the end of the night, it was margueritas, and goddamn were they good.  I had two, and I was licking salt off the rim.  I was hammered.
     All the while, I was drawing pictures of people, and having fun.  It is a good time at the bar when I got my paints with me.  Alcohol seems to facilitate me getting into visual mode.  It works good.
     Sam borrowed $2 from me to get home.  I can't believe he asked me.  I gave him the goddamn money.  I guess he saw that I made an art sale, so I became the 'go to guy' for cash.  I wish people would mind their own business.
     Anyway, it was a good time.

     I got onto Clone Wars Adventures and made a drunken video.  I haven't seen it yet, I hope it is funny.  Otherwise, I was being an obnoxious drunken dick to people on the game.  Some kid said I had a mental disorder.  Maybe he was right, but he didn't know that I was hammered out of my head.

     This guy I know said my cartoons need to be wittier.  I don't see him writing any material for me if he wants it to be wittier.

     It's a tough audience sometimes to try and please people.

     Most people are pretty receptive to my work when I draw them and make the presentation of their image.  The paint on the napkin really takes it to the next level.

     Then you got Bo, the Homeless sketch artist, and he's been doing the same shit on cardboard for ten years.  I hate his work, it is so bad.

     My job is to put as many photos and stuff on my blogs so I can delete them forever off my computer so I can make more memory room for online games.  It takes a long time to do this, and to find ways to make use of the photos, and to put them in proper context.  If I don't do this, the photos will just sit there for years, and no one will see them.  At least they will be made available, and maybe some day people will look at them, if I am not dead by then, which, might actually be a good career move, but I will delay that for a long as possible.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment