Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Night Blog


So there is my drawing work for the day.  It took four hours on this one, a lot of work, but I had a really good time.
     Like a long exposure photograph, I sat there with my paper like a big piece of film, and slowly etched my pencil marks onto the page.  It worked good.  I like drawing this way.
     I had my metal travel easel in the cafe with my drawing board mounted.  I should have had someone take a picture of me...ooops...but I don't trust anyone with my camera.
     Anyway...I drank two big cups of coffee, and came out with a drawing.  I am happy about that.

I love making a drawing and leaving room to accommodate what happens while I am making the drawing.  In today's case, so many women kept walking into the cafe, that I drew them, one by one.  By the time they ordered their coffee, they were already on my page...haha, I draw fast..then I worked from memory a little after they left.  The drawings of the women came out good.
     So I had a good day drawing.
     I would like to frame this one and put it in my next art show.

     It's a great Friday Night, and I'm going to take it easy.

    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment