Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Good Morning, it's Saturday in October

     My god, it's 2010.

     Amazing when I think about it.  In my mind, I can remember back to 1975 in my mind in a second.  I used to dream about what the future would be like, and was expecting some significant changes.  A lot has changed, but a lot has remained the same, similar to early 70's suburban life.  People didn't have enough money and had to make do with what they had. 
     A lot of people where just happy to live, and to get by.  These days, one needs to go for the money, or else you can't survive.

     I was up half the night working on my animation.  Using a video of myself, I was able to pause the video, and do the drawing.  I'm going to use this technique a lot for all my characters.  I'm kind of excited.
     All of my work is on 'David Lovins 67' on youtube.

     I just watched a video or two about Barry McGee, a pretty talented artist, and he just keeps getting better.  He's making good work.  I'm proud of his accomplishments.  I'm kind of jealous of his career a little bit.  I wonder if he has trouble paying the bills, or if he is set for a while?  I'm sure he gets lots of sales.  He certainly produces a lot of work, that is for sure.  Very admirable.

     I thought it was earlier when I woke up, and it is almost noon.  I just want to get to the coffee shop and start drawing.  I have lots of ideas in my head.  Plus, I like to stretch out my legs a little, and look at the people around the 16th and Mission area here in San Francisco.

     I'm getting ideas about blogs now, too.  I'm happy about that.  I see a lot in San Francisco, I might as well write about it.
     San Francisco is a dream city to live in, but where is the money?  I'm going to have to figure that one out soon.
     I wish there was a pay pal button on my blog, so if someone wanted to donate a quarter, they could if they wanted to.  That would be cool.
     I never expect tips when I do my job, but when I do get them, I never turn them down.

     I'm happy about my new 'The Flash' t-shirt that I bought for a buck last night on the street from some guy.  New, this shirt costs $15-$20.

     I spent time last night trying to monetize this blog some more.  I'm going to be needing multiple revenue streams in this city if I'm going to be able to survive here.

     This is my pilot blog, and I'm trying to launch it.  Over time, who knows, I may get some hits, if I just keep blogging and blogging and put in some new content.

     Oh, I saw...I can put up photos and videos as long as I have the right to post them.  I don't think I have to worry too much, I put up mostly my own stuff.  The only reason to post other people's photos is if it is something unusual or notable that someone else has done that I like or admire.

     I'm still not sure about posting naked people on this blog, but it is 18 and over. 

     The Giants play later today.  I hope they win tonight.

     I've never gone to Burning Man, and I don't care much about it.  I'm glad it exists, but I don't want to live out in the desert for a week.

     I like Mike Judge.  He's a talented guy.  There's still some 'King of the Hill' episodes I need to see.

     I have a room down the hall where I can do some installation work, and take photos.  I should do some of that work soon, and make a video.  It's kind of a pain in the ass to carry everything over, tack it up, make the video, and take it all down, but maybe I can start small and go from there.
     It's just like having my own gallery, I might as well use the space. 
     I need to come up with a fictional name for the gallery, though.

     I would love to make and sell a lot of work, and travel the world showing my art.  That would be rad.  That was the general idea when I started out.  I guess I have to work harder.  It's taken a while to set-up everything.  I'm lucky I've gotten this far, actually. 
     I'm still alive, and that is an accomplishment.

     Haha, I was drinking beer last night, and doing animation, haha, until five in the morning.  I was on a roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment