Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Monday, October 25, 2010

Wow, I just read up on blogs on wikipedia

     I did not know blogs had become a factor.
     I feel a little bit more informed about blogs after reading about the history of blogs on wikipedia.  I did not know people around the world have actually gotten into trouble over what they write in their blogs, and some have even served jail time, are still serving.  One guy got twenty years in some country.

     So I am updated on blog etiquette a little, too.  That helps.  It was a little difficult at first to figure out what was acceptable and what wasn't.  Now I know a lot better about what I can and can not do.

     So, given the new information I have acquired, where will this blog go?  Well, I want to write about my life as an artist, and I want to use this blog as a showcase for my art.  Eventually, I want to use this blog as a way to get my art out there.  Even if no one looks at this blog much, at least my content will be available for anyone who wants it.

     As an artist, I've done the thing where you stand out in public and draw pictures.  I've made money that way in the past, but I don't like to sit or stand outside much.  I'm also not too crazy about doing outdoor art shows.  People just look at you as if you are some kind of freak, circus act, or oddity.  I want no part of that nonsense.  Also setting up the booth and taking it down is no fun, especially if I have to do it all by myself.  Ugh, I've had enough of that stuff. 
     Someday, I may show again in situations like that as a last resort, but I have no plans for outdoor art shows anytime soon.  I've been there and done that.

     So currently, there is a band in the meat locker room going at it, and the drummer in the studio next to mine, is still learning how to play drums by the sound of it.  He always tries to be too complicated, and it doesn't sound good to my ears, if he can't keep a steadiness of beat.  I think he gets bored of maintaining rhythms for long, so I don't know why he wants to play drums.

     Anyhow, I have some plans for some new videos, new art, and I feel like things are happening.  I'm on a roll, and when that happens, I keep it going for as long as I can.

     So, no yoga today.  A replacement teacher was there, and it just wasn't happening for me.

     It was creepy in the steamroom at the ymca today, so I was only in there for a minute.  I've had issues with people not minding their own business in the locker room, and I wish more of the men would wear towels instead of parading around nude like little boys. 
     "Show some decency for Christ's sake," I often think to myself.  "Jesus."

     Anyway, so I will make some art for a couple of hours, play some online games, and suffer through the horrific attempts at music being made down here near my art studio.
     Honestly, I can find 1000 songs that are better than the crap they play on youtube within two minutes.
     I often crank up the music in my studio, but it is impossible to block out everything they do. 

    Sometimes I feel that I was born to suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment