Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pre-Game Blog for Game 2


     I don't mind being an old man in a room, making art in a dusty studio.  Rembrandt and Degas were two men who did that.  I like the idea.  I do it every day.
  
     I have to find a way to pay for my existence, though.

     So, I will go to the World Series, and do my vending thing, watch the game, and have a good time.

     Vending at the ballpark hasn't been exactly lucrative for me.  It just helps me to get by, so I can make my art.

     Watching documentaries about my favorite artists is incredible for me.  Youtube is such an invaluable resource in that way.  I feel so lucky to be able to watch a show about Warhol, Dali, Degas, or Rembrandt any time I want.

     It is the 'wow factor' for me.

     Anyway, I have to leave to go to Game 2 in about twenty-three minutes.

     I do appreciate anyone who comes upon this blog and reads it.  Comments are always welcome.

     In time, I want to provide a real service here, where I can write about what it is to be an artist in San Francisco, at the beginning of the 21st Century.  I hope that I can find the words to describe what it is I am seeing, and to identify the currents of human activity.  Ultimately, I seek for meaning, but I know deep down inside, that sometimes, there is none.


     Go Giants.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment