Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Saturday, December 24, 2011

My drunken but successful Friday night

     I made $23 drawing pictures on napkins last night.  That is amazing.  It is kind of unprecedented for me to do that at Specs and do well with it. 
     One drawing of four people who had known each other since pre-school was sold for $16.  A girl reached into her purse and gave me the money.  It was great.  She said, "It's frame-able.  I'm going to frame this."  That made me happy.  I made them happy.  A person from their table later bought me a Rainier.
     It all changed when I decided to just make the drawings for free and give them away.  That is when the money started to pouring in.
     Anyway, I ended up getting pretty hammered, but it was fun, and no harm was done, for the most part.
     It was a good night.
  
     I ended up giving my friend ten bucks and shared a veggie burrito with him.  It was damn good.

     I am up to 120,000 credits on Clone Wars Adventures now.  That reminds me, I fixed my problem at the bank.  The day was saved.  What a relief.

     To go over all the events of last night will take a while. 
     The night began at Cafe Prague after I was done with the tedious affair of the bank.  I had two Staropramens and a tuna melt sandwich.  It was so damn good.
     Then I biked over to Specs.
     I began with 'yummy coffees' and made one napkin drawing that I sold for $2.  I was there for a while before I was able to sell anymore.  I considered quitting and going home.  Then, I managed to eke out $5.  I was a roll with $7 made.  Then came the breakthrough drawing that sold for $16.  She gave me a one, a five, and a ten.  That made my day.  I didn't care if I sold any or not after that.  I continued to draw, and just enjoyed myself.  The drinks kept coming, and I had a good time.  I wasn't too drunk to ride my bike home, thank goodness.  I made it.

     Then I was happy to talk to Marco.  I gave him ten bucks and some veggie burrito, and told him my drunken story of the affair at the bank, and the following events.
     It turned out to be a wonderful night.

     Part 2 is coming up tonight.  They are going to have ham and cole slaw tonight at Specs at 7 p.m.  I can't wait.  It will be real good.  I was told to be ready to draw.  They like what I do.

     The drawings do make people happy if they come out good.  Most people warm up real fast when they see a drawing on a napkin coming their way.
     I honestly don't expect any money in return.  This has turned out to be a real good thing.  Sure, I get let down a couple of times, but the people who do give me money make up for the ones that don't.  In any case, it works.

     So, it was rock and roll last night.

     The drawings act as a bridge between people.  I make friends real fast, and suddenly we have something to talk about.  I couldn't be happier with how things turned out last night.

     Then I did some drunken facebook posting when I got home which is a real dangerous thing to do.  I also was a dick to some friend of mine.  I wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to be friends anymore.  I have to either go out of my way to apologize if I thought it would matter, or forget about the whole thing.
     One of the things I said was, "You are taller, smarter, and better looking than I am, but I do more with less."
     I was really getting on his case.
     Then again, I made him swear on his life to return that damn Spiderman game for the PS1, and he never returned it.  That turned out to be the thing that irked me.  Now, it is just in his storage unit, and he can't even get to it.

     So there is the story of my drunken night.
     I ended up sitting in my computer chair until six a.m. unable to even move to bed.  I didn't even know why I continued to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment