Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Thursday, December 8, 2011

V for Vendetta, Ex-Drummer, Mom and Dad

     Thank god for this blog.  It is the only one I can really let loose on.
     There are lots of things to talk about.
     V for Vendetta.  I like all those masks that people wear.  They are trying to do some good in this world in their own way.  They were after the Scientologists for a long time.  Anyway, I saw a new video where it shows one of them talking with both a female and male voice at the same time, and, they  were talking about how some bill being passed would take away all of our rights.  I believe that they will try and pass this into law, and if they can't they will keep trying until they do.  This will give the military more control in regards to how they handle civilians.  They will be able to put anybody into prison without being charged just because they feel like it.  They will be able to say that someone is connected with terrorism, and then, into the slammer you go.
     Meanwhile, more soldiers have committed suicide after serving in Iraq than we've lost in the war.
     The issue is American lives.  Yet, we are finding lots of ways to kill our own people without any help from anybody else.
     Publish or perish.  Well, basically, I have to publish, or die.  I don't want to die, therefore, I have to publish.
     What I should publish is beyond me.
     It is difficult to make a living selling books unless you write a lot of books.  Accumulative sales might give somebody a chance to survive.
     The best way to make a living is with a real job.  But then, that eats up all of your day, and all of your creative energy.
     I have not painted in weeks.
     I woke up, did my clone wars thing, and I went to bed, and I had dreams about growing up as if it was now, with all the technological advances they have today. 
     To be honest, I doubt my family would really be able to afford internet and computers for all the kids.  We'd be fighting over computer time.
     Anyway, I saw this movie called 'Ex-Drummer'.  It was based on a book.  It is like Trainspotting a little.  It is in that genre.  I wouldn't mind reading the book.  The movie featured several sex scenes.  The movie was about a writer, and his perceptions of the punk rock scene in his area.  There was a character named 'Big Dick'.  I am in no hurry to see this film again.  I am glad I saw it once, but that is enough for a while.  There was a lot of confusion.
     I also saw 'Mom and Dad Save The World' with Teri Garr and Jerry Jones, the principle from 'Ferris Beuller', his most famous role.  ( Jerry was also in Howard The Duck, I think. )  Anyway, so I saw that, and it was a combination of The Wizard of Oz meets Flash Gordon.  Kathy Ireland was in it, with those eyebrows of hers, and that rad bod.  She couldn't act worth a damn, but she was nice window dressing.  The sets, costumes, and props were amazing.  They pumped a lot of money into the film.  For what, I don't know.  I am not sure what the film was supposed to be, except as light entertainment.  A memorable song or two could have helped the movie.  On the other hand, I was entertained.  Jon Lovitz was a believable enemy.  The dialogue was bad, and not too well thought out, or maybe it was supposed to be that way.  The production values were very high on this film.  Eric Idle had a cameo role.  It was just a fun movie, as if it was the dream of the housewife who wanted a magical and fantastic adventure for her and her husband to kind of shake up the normality of life and their marriage.  It was a cute movie, suitable for family viewing, but they sure did emphasize the husband's name of 'Dick', making several references to it throughout the movie.  That was the running joke of the movie, even calling it 'Earth-Dick".
     Ok, it is another day in the cafe, and what was I supposed to write about?
     I am not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment