Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Mind is filled with Babylon 5

     I am starting with this blog today because I am all fucked up.  I was up until 4 a.m. watching season 4 of Babylon 5.
     It is a great show, and so fucked up that it is good.
     I am completely out of it.
     I am glad that I have some hot coffee.
     I found out that the actor who played G'Kar is no longer with us.  He loved to smoke passionately, and died at age 59 in 2006.
     So this whole time, I have been watching G'Kar win my heart over as a character, and he is as dead as a post.  That is sad.
     While I was watching Babylon 5, I had 'Clone Wars Adventures' going with the sound turned down, and I farmed credits for hours.  I have 112,000 credits at this point.  It might seem like a lot, but I can spend 20,000 in two minutes, no problem at all.

     So my friend many years ago tried to get me into Babylon 5, but I didn't know what the frag was going on.  It just seemed like some bizarre sci-fi show, and that much is still true.  It is pretty out there.
     Up until the end, there was still this amateur quality to it that popped up every once in a while where it really seemed like actors, dialogue, and a camera.  At other times, the quality was so high, it is astounding. 
     Overall, Babylon 5 is a five star out of five star show.  From beginning to end, it is like watching a novel.  That's why I could never get into it because I had to watch from the beginning.
     With another friend coming to the rescue with loaning me Babylon 5 dvds, the universe was saved.  I finally got to see what the hell was going on.
     It's a show that no one thought would work, but it did superbly, and has legions of fans.
     It looks like I have joined the Babylon 5 army.

     There is no reason why Babylon 5 couldn't be made into a video game.  It would work.  There is enough content for it, and enough interest.  However, only real fans would play it, if at all.

     Battlestar Galactica Online is doing well, but I couldn't get past a level 1 mission.  It was so tedious, I couldn't stand sitting out there in space for another hour.

* * *
     I just listened to two lesbians dressed up as boys talk, but they didn't talk like how regular guys would talk, but more like fags.  They were concerned with laundry, a bag was too big to bring to work, brushing your teeth before you enter the shower, and I'm glad they are gone.  They were no fun to listen to. 
     When I came in to the cafe, and set up the laptop, the pudgy lesbian kept putting her head in her hands as if she was crying, or maybe she was resting her eyes.
     Anyway, the second boy lesbian with black shirt and red and white striped tie, well, she talked about stirring her laundry in a bucket with the handle end of a hammer.
     Why the fuck wouldn't she use a broom handle?
     I don't want to think about those two anymore. 
     I just want a goddamn cigarette.

* * *

     I just stood out there and talked to my friend about Babylon 5 for an hour.  It's good stuff.
     I'm a fan of the show now, no question about it.

     Now, after watching Babylon 5, I can see how much it influenced Battlestar Galactica.  It's very obvious to me.  It's not so much the re-imagined BSG as much as, "Oh, B5 ended up making money, let's copy them with an existing franchise."
     It all makes sense now.
     The Sci Fi network almost ruined BSG in the third season.  The top execs wanted more stand alone episodes instead of a story arc and character development.  Bastards.  Then they saw that was a mistake, and they changed the show back, and then, canceled it after year 4, only to bring out the second rate Caprica.  Sigh and Ugh.

     So, my mind is filled with Babylon 5.  I don't even know where to begin in talking about it.  There is so much to like.
     I just want a Londo doll on my shelf saying words like, "Vir" and "Dubious".

No comments:

Post a Comment