Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Friday, March 18, 2011

Get Rid of The People in Your Life That Make You Unhappy

     If people around you don't bring you joy, just get rid of them, or leave.
     As an adult, you can make choices of who you hang out with.

     I was listening to Howard Stern, and he was talking about this with Robin.  I have to give credit where credit is due.

     Anyway, it is raining.  My cafe experience today was dampened by that.  I did manage to do a comic book page of 'California Man', my new superhero.  It's kind of my goof on superheroes. 
     I grew up on Marvel Comics, so a lot of my anger came from that.  Everyone was always pissed off in those comics.
     A lot of what Marvel publishes today is just awful.  I can barely look at it.  They are trying to get all fancy to appeal to the kids who like anime and all that crap.
     I like the cheap and simple comics printed on newsprint.
     Anyways, I don't know how the comic book industry is doing these days.  All I know is I'm not a part of it.  I don't think anyone would hire me to do comics.  I just want to do my own shit anyhow. 
     On the other hand, chain me to a comic book desk, keep the coffee coming, ashtray to the left, inkwell to the right, and I'll go at it...if you pay me.
     Otherwise, fuck it.  Comics are a pain in the ass to make, with very little reward for me, and no one cares about comics. 
     Well, the kids go crazy at the comic book conventions.
     These days, comic book shops are closing right and left.
     People still like superheroes, and comics, and all that.  I still like it all, too. 
     To just be a comic book guy and do that every day, well, I would find that limiting.  I have all kinds of art that I like to make.
     So how did I end up being such a loser?  I don't know.  I can't seem to make myself do what it takes to get a job.
     I'm kind of hoping I'll get famous on youtube, and someone will offer me a job, or something.
     I can't think of a company that I would want to work for right now.
     I go around San Francisco, and I don't see anything where I would fit in.
     I got to do something about that, but I feel like a square peg trying to fit into a round, generic hole.
     Anyhow, I had fun on 'Lord of The Rings Online' last night.  We did some fishing by a waterfall.  That was fun.  I'm still trying to figure out EverQuest, so it will be a long time before I figure this game out.  I don't even know how to shoot a bow and arrow yet, haha.
     So it is raining outside, and I'm sluffing yoga, and I'll just stay in and try and do stuff today, make some videos, drink some coffee, and have some fun.
     What else is there to do?  I don't know, nothing?
     One thing is for sure, I need some new facebook friends who are willing to cough up some money for my art.
     I need someone to pay off my student loan, so I can move on with my life. 
     I got to get that damn thing paid off.


     I keep thinking about putting pictures of my dick on this blog, and how that would be...haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment