Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Math

     Jimmy Buffet wrote a song called, 'Math Sucks'.  I have it on a cd I found.  It is a pretty ignorant song, and I think he should burn in Hell for it, but that is just my opinion.

     I like Math.  ( That's all I have to say on the web to validate anything, is to just say I 'like' something.  Pretty stupid, but that is how the world operates these days. )
    
     Anyway, mathematics is a language that operates on logic.  There is a sense and beauty to it. 
     Yes, math does get pretty hard.  I still don't know what exactly was being discussed in my 11th grade Trigonometry class.

     A foundation in mathematics can lay the groundwork for reason and logic throughout life.  Retention of mathematical language becomes hard-wired.  They tested senior citizens, and their knowledge of math was similar to people in their twenties and thirties.

     They did do a study, though, that people who went into sports and music got laid more often than their mathematical counterparts.
     If a woman is given a choice between a professional quarterback, a lead singer in a rock band, or a mathematical genius, chances are that the mathematical genius will not be picked as a suitable mate. 
     You can do the math on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment