Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Howard Stern Show

     Howard's show makes me happy, and brings me joy.  I've been a fan for years.  I like all the talk, and the show gets me to laugh.
     I guess one of the funny things is Howard often talks about who is a good guest, and often over the years, Howard hasn't been the greatest guest on other people's shows.  He is getting better, though.  His last David Letterman appearance was probably his best.
     I love all the people who have been on his show past and present.
     I was really bummed to discover that Kenneth Kieth Kallanbach had died.  Poor guy, he was the first real whack-packer on the show, and made a real contribution.
     Also funny is people's reaction to the show years ago where he was a 'shock jock' to now, where his show is more accepted.
     I think one of the most relevant aspects of the show is to mediate between black and white cultures, and merge them through laughter, which helps to increase acceptance of each other.
     Sometimes I wish the show covered more intellectual territory instead of focusing on celebrities and pop culture, but that is what Howard likes.
     Anyway, big fan, big fan.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment