Twitter / Bauvy

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I typed into Google : How to Cope with Crazy and Insane Family Members

     There is a lot of good and helpful information there.

     Stuff I read made my family seem like a walk in the park.

     It just seems that the best way to avoid problems with crazy family members is to physically get away from them.  That is step one.  They might not be good for you, and you might not be good for them.   You never know until you physically remove yourself.
 
     Step 2 is to take a break from family, and see how that feels.
 
     Step 3 is to call them after time has elapsed to see if anything has changed, either with them, or with you.
     If the phone call is upsetting to either you or the person you are calling, maybe you should wait a while before calling them again.

     Step 4 is if over an extended period of time that nothing has seemed to change over the phone, don't visit them, and decrease the number of times you call them.

     Step 5 is to find 'replacement' family members to enrich your life.  For example, befriending someone who is around your mother's age.  At least you can get a new perspective on some things, and you've made a new friend.

     Step 6 If things seem to have changed over the phone with family members, try a planned short visit with a back-up plan, like an excuse ready to go if you have to leave.  If you sense any physical danger to your person with anyone in your family, don't visit them.  It's not worth it.

     The problem is they are your family, and you care about them.  It is who you are.  Families can become like stagnant lakes if no fresh water is brought in, and if there is no outlet system.

     I still have to read up on co-dependency, bullying, sensitivity-training, coping, ADD, interpersonal relationships, and how atheistic family members deal with religious family members, otherwise, those that believe in the 'Invisible Man in The Sky', and 'Jesus Resurrecting Himself and Appearing To People in South America 2011 Years Ago'.
     I also have to read up on how to deal with people who think they have seen The Holy Ghost, and there is no way that could ever happen except as something within a person's mind, which I can believe, but he said he actually saw The Holy Ghost, along with Jesus, God, and various prophets.  Sounds fucked up to me.

     I have talked to many people over the years.  Stress can cause seemingly normal and sane family members lose it.
     A healthy family talks about things, and works things out, to minimize that stuff from happening.

     If problems persist, get the hell out of there.  That's what I did.  My situation was insane.  I had to leave, and then I discovered that it wasn't just them, it was me, too, so I figured I needed to chill out for a long time, so I did.
     I am alone, and I live in my art studio.  I make art every day, and I feel pretty happy.  I abandoned the religion I grew up with, L.D.S., and I've never been happier, so fuck it.

     I also don't understand about transference, and how a co-dependent relationship with the father and mother is passed on to the kids, it is confusing to me, how and why children act out what their parents do, because they don't have any other immediate patterns by which to model their behavior on, and so on.
     So I have my home work cut out for me.  I don't know why I have to be the one to research this shit, but that is how it is.
     Any question you have, you can type it into google.  You might not get the exact answer you are looking for, but at least you will get something.
     I also have to type in 'Responsibility, why some family members don't take responsibility for things they do and have done, and why they have selective memories about events that happened in the past?

     I guess I also have to type in 'self-esteem' and 'How to get laid' ....hahaha.

     Laughter is good medicine, just so you know.

     Get some fucking exercise and don't eat fast food.  Eat some real food.  It will make you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment